Practical Application of Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery and Development
Request a recording of this hot web panel discussion surrounding artificial intelligence (AI) and how it is changing the drug development landscape. One of the key benefits of AI is finding the signal in the noise, and this web panel aimed to do just that.
We brought together 3 practitioners in the space who are enabling the application of AI in drug discovery and development across the spectrum from startup to large pharma to help elucidate how this technology can integrate with the existing ecosystem.
Some of the topics covered include:
- What is AI and how is it being applied to drug discovery? Why now?
- What are computers good at versus humans and where is the intersection?
- How does AI-driven drug discovery and development impact cost and timelines?
- Is AI a data play? An analytics play? Or something different?
- How do AI applications define specific point problems in drug discovery?
- Are all companies using AI for drug discovery in a similar manner?
- Does AI in drug discovery lend itself to repurposing, NCE, or something different?
- How do you deal with intellectual property?
- Is business model innovation required or can existing models be leveraged? Either for AI startups or large pharma? Can you speak to deals in this space?
- What’s different about integrating AI in drug discovery as opposed to biology-based platform technologies?
- Why and how is large pharma engaging with AI startups? What are they doing internally?